WELCOME TO THE LODGING RESERVATION PAGE!
We are doing something a bit different this year, in that we have the opportunity to provide lodging directly, in the form of the Colorado Mountain College dormitories. We are excited about being able to offer affordable lodgings in this popular resort town, within a few minutes walking distance of CMC's Academic Center, which will be the hub for virtually all the convention events, including field trip departures.
(As an alternate lodging opportunity, Resort Lodging Company is offering Steamboat condo rentals at a 20% discount for convention participants, with two-night minimum. See web address and discount code at bottom of this page.)
Questions? Please contact us.COLORADO MOUNTAIN COLLEGE DORMS (HILL RESIDENCE HALL)
General information about Hill Hall:
Specifics as to the rooms:
- Parking available at the dorms
- Multi-purpose room with chairs, tables, microwave, and refrigerator
- Elevator available for rooms above ground level
- Dorm staff available during the day (next to multi-purpose room)
Rooms do not have:
- Each room is $75 per night, without regard to the number of people staying in the room
- Each room has its own bathroom
- All rooms are the same size
- All beds are singles
- Linens are available at check-in and are included in the room fee; but bringing your own (sheets, pillow, and blanket/covering if desired) will result in a $5 donation to CFO for each person staying in the room; towels will be available in all rooms without cost
- Rooms have either 2 or 3 beds; if 3, two of the beds are bunked
- All rooms have two spacious closets
- Wi-fi should be available
- Microwave or fridge
- Housekeeping service
- Staffing at desk after hours
- Any breakfast service, at either the dorms or the dining hall
We would like to be able to accommodate all who would like to stay in the dorms, but for that to happen, we will need for you to PLEASE - do your best to share rooms with at least one, and better yet, two, other convention participants, in order to allow as many conventioneers as possible to lodge in the dorms. The added benefit of that happening is that your lodging cost per person will be significantly reduced! Dorm registration rules:
Dorm room cancellations will be refundable only until May 18, and will incur processing fees. Cancellations after May 18 will be refundable only if the room can be filled by others. Cancellation of a convention registration will NOT automatically cause a room cancellation; you will need to deal with each separately.
- Dorm reservations require a minimum of a three-night stay (max 4 nights)
- Start date can be either Thursday (June 1) or Friday (June 2), at your choice
- No dorm room reservations will be honored (even if paid), if not made by a person who is already registered for the convention and will be staying in the room
- No one may reserve more than one room (contact CFO at CMCdorms@cobirds.org if you have special circumstances to discuss)
- Specific rooms will not be assigned until check-in
- Rooms may be reserved ONLY through the link below (once the link is activated); Colorado Mountain College is not equipped or able to take reservations or to answer your questions. If you need help or information or need to discuss special circumstances about anything related to the dorms, please contact CFO at CMCdorms@cobirds.org.
Check-in time will be from 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM Thursday, and 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Friday. Note that due to the absence of late-night personnel, there will be no late night check-ins -- be sure to leave enough time to arrive prior to 10 PM Thursday, or 5:00 PM Friday.