the birding event of the year for Colorado birders!
Each year attendees experience a different part of Colorado and see new birds and habitats with field trips led by local experts.
- See new birds on daily field trips
- Learn about new research on Colorado birds in the scientific session
- Attend social events and meet local ornithologists and birders
- Celebrate another year of birding, education, and research on Colorado's birds with an evening banquet that includes a special guest speaker
- Special events for students
This is a great opportunity to meet new friends, renew old friendships, and learn about birds in an informal atmosphere.
CFO Convention 2024
Lamar, Prowers County, CO
2-5 May 2024
Ask any longtime Colorado birder, "When and where is the single best time in the entire birding year?"
Many would say, "Early May in Southeastern Colorado."
Join CFO 2-5 May 2024 in Lamar, Prowers County, Colorado. Legendary birding hotspots such as Two Buttes and Cottonwood Canyon will likely have a mix of eastern and western warblers, specialty trips to private ranches are practically guaranteed to provide some surprises, and even birding right around Lamar will surely be excellent.
The birding will be great, maybe epic, but there’s so much more to the CFO convention experience an just the birds on field trips.
Get a preview of the conference by reading the summary of the 2016 CFO Convention in Lamar.