Annual Meeting & Nick Komar’s Big Year presentation (CFO Members Only)
Jun 19, 2023 7:00PM—8:00PM
Attend CFO’s annual meeting online from anywhere. This year’s meeting is open to CFO members only and is separate from the convention banquet to allow for the joint CFO/WFO convention schedule.
We’re thrilled that CFO President, Nick Komar, who is mid-way through his Big Year, will give a presentation on his attempt to find 900 species within the USA and its territories in a single year! Nick recently retired after 25 years as a biologist for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Although battling Parkinson’s Disease since age 38, he still has enough energy and passion for birding to attempt this feat at age 57.
The Zoom link will be sent to you once you register for the Annual Meeting.
CFO Annual Meeting 2023 Agenda
- Welcome by current President Nick Komar and recap of this year’s CFO highlights
- Details on the 2023 Joint CFO/WFO Convention
- Announcement of the Colorado Birding Challenge results
- Recognition of outgoing board members & volunteers
- Introduction of new officers/directors candidates and invitation for nominations from floor
- Election of officers/directors
Slate of Officers:
- President: Chuck Hundertmark
- Vice President: Currently open position
- Secretary: Kyle Carlsen (has been acting as interim Secretary for much of 2023)
- (Treasurer: Sondra Bland was elected in 2022 and has one more year in her current term)
- Presentation by Nick Komar on his Big Year
If you are a CFO member and are unable to attend the meeting, please respond to the email sent to all members with your proxy vote on the slate of CFO officers.
Call for Officers/Directors
Being a CFO Board Member
All roles are CFO Board Directors and will be expected to attend CFO Board Meetings (held at least quarterly and typically held for several hours on a Saturday). These meetings may be hybrid or online only. The chair is expected to submit reports on the activities of their committee at each board meeting.
CFO Board Directors commit to a term of 3 years; after which they can complete a second term, if desired. All Directors are subject to a six consecutive year term limit.
Being a CFO Officer
The Vice President is expected to attend CFO Board Meetings (held at least quarterly and typically held for several hours on a Saturday). These meetings may be hybrid or online only. If the CFO President is unable to lead a board meeting, the Vice President will assume that role.
CFO Board Officers commit to a term of 2 years, with the possibility of re-election.
Interested applicants should fill out and submit the Board Application form by 1 June 2023. Any questions should be directed Chuck Hundertmark, CFO VP, email@example.com.